Tuesday 4 September 2018
07:30 - 09.00 – Delegate Registration and NETWORKING BREAKFAST
09:00 - 09:30 – Welcome to Asiafruit Congress 2018
09:30 - 10:30 – Asiafruit Congress at 20: Asia’s two decades of change
Asiafruit Congress is 20 years old. Asiafruit looks at how Asia’s fresh produce business has changed. And we show how the Asia market is changing now.
- Noel Shield. Joy Wing Mau Asia Holdings, JAPAN
- Patrick Vizzone, ANZ Bank, HONG KONG
- Bill Young, Stemilt, USA
10:30-11:30 – Networking Break
11:30-12:30 – Asiafruit Congress at 20: SUPPLYING ASIA'S FOOD RETAIL MARKET OF THE FUTURE
Food retail is changing in Asia. Larger store formats are under pressure as small and specialised stores gain ground. The blurring of online and offline retail is changing the way food is delivered. How will the Asian food retail market look in future? How are logistics and supply chains developing to meet retail demands? How must suppliers prepare?
- Shirley Zhu, IGD, SINGAPORE
- Andy Zhang, Win-Chain, CHINA
- Linda Mills, Zespri International, SINGAPORE
- Hernán Garcés, Forever Fresh Asia, CHINA
12:30-13:00 – CELEBRATING BUSINESS EXCELLENCE IN ASIA: PRESENTATION OF ASIA FRUIT AWARDS 2018
13:00-14:15 – Networking Lunch
14:15-15:15 – WORKSHOP 2
FOOD RETAIL: ASIA'S TRADITIONAL RETAIL MARKET IS STILL MASSIVE
Traditional food retail is still massive in many Asian markets. How can marketers more effectively target these channels? And how can they make better marketing campaigns?
15:15-16:15 – WORKSHOP 4
FOOD TRENDS: CRACKING THE CONVENIENCE MARKET
Asia’s fresh convenience market has big growth potential. C-stores and juice bars are everywhere in Asia and ‘on-the-go’ sales are growing fast. How can fresh produce suppliers make more money from Asia’s convenience boom?
14:15-15:15 – WORKSHOP 1
MARKET FOCUS: BIG NEW OPPORTUNITIES IN KOREA
Korea is now very attractive for global suppliers. It is a dynamic economy with lots of young consumers who have money to spend. Free trade agreements are opening up the market. Local experts highlight the big trends in Korea in this special workshop.
- JongKyu Jang, Latitude, KOREA
- KH Kang, Del Monte Fresh Produce, KOREA
- Joon Hong Choi, Soo II Commerce, KOREA
15:15-16:15 – WORKSHOP 3
ASIA'S NEXT BOOM IN CITRUS
China is buying more oranges, there is more branding in easy peelers, the diet craze is lifting lemon sales. We look at the next big boom for citrus in Asia.
- John Carter, Limoneira, USA
- Juan Puchades, Bollo, SPAIN
- Tal Amit, Plants Production and Marketing Board of Israel, ISRAEL
- Neil Barker, BGP International, AUSTRALIA
16:15-17:00 – Networking Break
17:00-18:00 – ASIAFRUIT CONGRESS AT 20: ASIA GETS READY FOR ITS FUTURE
Asiafruit takes a tour of some of the key trends in Asia’s fresh produce trade, homing in on the fast-moving markets and the emerging products and supply sources. What are the pathways for future business success to 2030 in Asia’s fresh fruit and vegetable market?
- Siebe van Wijk, Fresh Studio, VIETNAM
- Thomas Padilla, Mission Produce, USA
- Mette Knudsen, Knudsen & Co, CHINA